Youth Volunteers are the future leaders of our community. Nova’s Ark believes that by investing in our youth we are influencing efforts of inclusion and meaningful opportunity for all. The dedication and passion continuously shown by our youth volunteers, has a lifelong impact on the guests and families who come to Nova’s Ark.
Roles and Responsibilities
The most important role of our youth volunteers is to become a mentor to our ‘Circle of Friends’. By creating trusting relationships with individuals with varied abilities, you will inspire social interactions, explore new activities and foster independence and confidence in preferred activities. You may also have the opportunity to work in collaboration with our animal care mentors during animal interactions with our guests, or actively participate in a variety of animal care tasks.
Becoming a Nova’s Ark Youth Volunteer
- 12-18 years of age
- Able to independently complete tasks assigned
- Watch the website to register for and attend, a half-day Volunteer Information Session held in the Spring (March/April/May) of each year with a parent or guardian
- Successful completion of four Volunteer Training Sessions, within a 6-week period of time (Safety, Animal Care, Circle of Friends Part 1, Circle of Friends Part 2)
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Volunteer Orientation 2020 Dates
- Online Registration Posted: Monday, March 9th, 2020
- Orientation Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2020
- Online Registration Posted: Monday, April 6th, 2020
- Orientation Date: Sunday, April 19th, 2020
- Online Registration Posted: Monday, May 4th, 2020
- Orientation Date: Sunday, May 17th, 2020